Solgar Taurine 500mg - for normal functioning of the heart, brain, eyes, gallbladder and vascular system
FORM (e.g. capsules): Capsules
|Our Price: £8.37(Inc. 20% VAT)(£6.98 Exc. VAT)Earn 8 Loyalty Points|
Solgar are one of the world's most highly regard brand of vitamins. minerals and other supplements. The Approved Etailer Scheme (SAE) helps to ensure you are buying genuine Solgar products. Health4youonline.com is an SAE. Why this is important.
Solgar Taurine 500mg (Free Form)Product Type: Nutritional Supplement
Taurine for normal functioning of heart, brain, eyes,gallbladder and vascular system
Nutritional Supplement Features:
Amino acids are used by the body to build proteins. Proteins are essential for the formation of cells and are also involved in the biochemical structure of hormones, enzymes, neurotransmitters and antibodies.
Taurine is a sulphur containing amino acid that, in adults, can be synthesised from cysteine when vitamin B6 and the mineral zinc are present.
Taurine is one of the most abundant amino acids in the body, and participates in the normal functioning of the heart, brain, eyes, gallbladder and vascular system.
- Studies have shown Taurine to reduce the oxidative damage caused by sunlight to the eyes
- Taurine helps stimulate the body's ability to clean up waste by-products that accumulate in the retina
- Taurine is necessary for night vision
- Taurine in combination with retinol protects lipids twice as much as retinol alone
- Diabetes increases the retina's requirements for Taurine
- Glucose rapidly decreases Taurine content of the retina
- As an antioxidant, Taurine appears to protect the lens against the development of 'sugar cataracts'
- Lowered levels of Taurine may be associated with zinc deficiency, excessive consumption of alcohol, physical or emotional stress, an overgrowth of candida, dysbiosis or imbalance in intestinal flora, 'leaky gut' syndrome and disorders of platelet formation.
Certain drugs, specifically certain tranquilizers and anti-inflammatory agents can inhibit the uptake of Taurine, and prolonged or excessive dosage of these drugs has been known to cause damage to the retina.
Nutritional Supplement recommended Dosage:
As a food supplement for adults, one (1) Vegetable Capsule daily with juice or water in between meals, or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.
Nutritional Supplement Ingredients:
Each Vegetable Capsule provides: Taurine 500 mg
Encapsulated with these natural ingredients:
microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid.
Vegetable capsule shell: hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose.
Solgar Taurine is suitable for Vegans.