Solgar GOLD SPECIFICS Prostate Support
Product Type: Nutritional Supplements
nutrients for optimum health and protection of prostate gland
Nutritional Supplement Features:
Advanced phytonutrient and mineral formula. SUITABLE FOR VEGANS
Most men over 50 suffer with enlargement of the prostate gland known as benign prostate hyperplasia or hypertrophy (BPH).
BPH appears to be caused by an elevation of the powerful androgen dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and oestrogen in prostate tissue.
Saw palmetto is clinically proven to treat prostate enlargement and its associated symptoms such as frequent urination, difficulty or pain when passing urine and impotence.
The active fatty acids and sterols of this plant have been found to inhibit DHT's transport and binding to cell receptors, as well as reducing the activity of 5-alpha-reductase, the enzyme needed for oestrogen production and for conversion of testosterone to DHT.
Nutritional Supplement Recommended Dosage:
As a food supplement for adults, two (2) Vegetable Capsules daily, preferably at mealtime, or as directed by a healthcare practitioner
Nutritional Supplement Ingredients:
Two (2) vegetable capsules provide:
- Modified Citrus Pectin Powder 200mg
- Standardised Nettle Leaf Powdered Extract (Urtica dioca 1.5mg [1%] sillicic acid) 150mg
- Standardised Saw Palmetto Berry Powdered Extract 150mg (Serenoa repens, 67.5mg [45%] free fatty acids)
- Lycopene (as prep. from tomato) 7mg
- Pumpkin Seed Powder 100mg
- Soy Germ Powder (providing 3mg [3%] isoflavones 100mg
- Zinc (as amino acid chelate=) 10mg
- Selenium (as selenomethionine) 25ug
- Antioxidant (powdered blend** of beta-carotene prep. and ascorbic acid) **PhytO2X is a special blend of natural source antioxidants, the purpose of which is to maintain the freshness of the ingredients.
Encapsulated with these natural ingredients:
microcrystalline cellulose, hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose, magnesium stearate. Vegetable capsule shell: hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose.
Fully reacted chelates Albion process patent # 4,599,152 Chelazomes.