Solgar Flaxseed Oil 1250mg Softgels Size 100 Description
Product Type: Nutritional Supplement
(Linseed Oil) Hexane Free
- Solgar Flaxseed Oil 1250mg Softgels are a source of essential fatty acids
- Flaxseed oil is one of the premium sources of Alpha-Linolenic Acid
- The oil is derived from the seeds of the flax plant
- Helps to promote cardiovascular, immune and skin health
Flaxseed Oil 1250 mg Softgels is one of Solgar's premium sources of Alpha-Linolenic Acid, an essential fatty acid.
Fatty acids are lipids, the general term for dietary fat. The body can make several fatty acids, however, those it cannot make in adequate amounts must be obtained through the diet (essential fatty acids). Flaxseed oil contains essential fatty acids (alpha-linolenic acid) and is a rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids. The oil is derived from the seeds of the Flax plant (Linum usitatissimum), one of the most concentrated plant sources of Omega 3 fatty acids found in nature. Omega-3 Alpha-Linolenic Acid (ALA) from Flaxseed Oil helps to support cardiovascular health and blood cholesterol levels, and is thought to be useful for the skin. This formulation offers premium, organic Flaxseed Oil, cold pressed without the use of chemical solvents.
Solgar Flaxseed Oil 1250 mg Softgels, 2 a day, gives the body a rich source of the essential fatty acid ALA, contributing to Maintenance of normal blood cholesterol levels
People try flaxseed oil for many different conditions which it may help, including:
- rheumatoid arthritis and high cholesterol.
- benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH),
- vaginal infections,
- dry eyes,
- “hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis),
- high blood pressure,
- heart disease,
- attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
Some people use flaxseed oil which may help as a laxative for constipation and weight loss
- Flaxseed oil is also applied to the skin to sooth irritations or soften roughness.
- In foods, flaxseed oil is used as cooking oil and in margarines.
How do Solgar Flaxseed Oil 1250 mg Softgels work?
Flaxseed oil is a source of polyunsaturated fatty acids such as alpha-linolenic acid. The alpha-linolenic acid and related chemicals in flaxseed oil seem to decrease inflammation. That is why flaxseed oil is thought to be useful for rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory (swelling) diseases.
Solgar Flaxseed Oil 1250mg Softgels Size 100 Ingredients
Flaxseed (Linseed) Oil providing: Alpha-Linolenic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Oleic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Other Fatty Acids, Softgel Capsule Shell: (gelatin (from bovine), vegetable glycerin (from palm kernel oil)).
- Two (2) softgel capsules provide:
- Flaxseed Oil (Linseed Oil) 2500mg typically providing:
- Alpha Linolenic Acid 1040mg
- Linolenic Acid 300mg
- Other Fatty Acids (oleic acid, Palmitic acid, stearic acid) 420mg
- Softgel capsule shell: gelatin, glycerine.
All products meet our industry recognized "Gold Standard" for excellence. Made using naturally sourced ingredients and innovating since 1947, is your perfect supplement to good health - 98% of consumers recommend the brand
Solgar Flaxseed Oil 1250mg Softgels Size 100 Dosage
As a food supplement for adults, two (2) softgel capsules daily, preferably at mealtime, or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.
Solgar Flaxseed Oil 1250mg Softgels Size 100 Warnings
Food supplements should not be used instead of a varied balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.