Plant Enzyme Digestive Formula
Product Type: Health Supplement
Nutriton Supplement Dose Recommendation:
1-2 capsules taken at the beginning of each meal, for an average total intake of 6 capsules daily, or as directed.
Each capsule typically contains:
Proprietary Enzyme Blend providing: 328 mg
Protease 41000 HUT(1)
Amylase 16000 USP(2)
Cellulase 175 CU(1)
Lipase 1050 LU(3)
Phytase 0.85 PU(4)
Lactase 800 LacU(5)
Sucrase 150 INVU(1)
Maltase 16050 DP(1)
1) By Food Chemicals Codex (FCC) 2) By USP XXI method. 3) By Federation Internationale Pharmaceutique
(FIP) method. 4) By phytic acid method. 5) By FCC III method.
Microcrystalline cellulose, Vegetable capsule, Magnesium stearate (vegetable)
Nutri Similase is suitable for Vegetarians
Not recommended for individuals with gastric or duodenal ulcers, or with active gastritis.
- Enzymes are necessary for the digestion of large molecule macronutrients (proteins, carbohydrates and
fats) into small molecules that may be absorbed.
- Protease breaks down proteins into absorbable peptides and amino acids.
- Lipase breaks down triglycerides into absorbable free fatty acids and glyercol.
- Only monosaccharides can be absorbed by the intestine. Starches and dissacharides must be broken down
into single sugar units before being absorbed. Amylase breaks down starch. Maltase, lactase and sucrase
break down the dissacharides maltose (malt sugar), lactose (milk sugar) and sucrose (table sugar) into
monosaccharides for absorption.
- Cellulase and phytase break down cellulose and phytates which can bind essential minerals and other
nutrients, preventing the absorbtion.
Why take Similase?
Disordered or incomplete digestion can be a major contributor to the development of numerous health problems. Chronic digestive problems can lead to the development of sensitivities as well as an imbalance of gut flora and the build up of toxins. These toxins may enter the systemic circulation, compromising health further.
How does Similase work?
Similase is a highly concentrated plant enzyme digestive formula that is stable and active from the acid environment of the stomach to the alkaline environment of the small intestine (pH2-12). Derived from natural sources, this formula is well tolerated in sensitive conditions and provides balanced support for the digestion of fats, carbohydrates and proteins.
This product contains traces of milk and is therefore unsuitable for those with a severe (anaphylactic) reaction to milk; however, it continues to be suitable for those who are lactose or dairy intolerant.