Lamberts Zincatest Description
(use as zinc status test or supplement)
(Zinc in Solution)
- Zincatest® is a simple non-invasive test, which gives an indication of zinc status
- Zincatest® can also be given as a zinc supplement
- Ideal for those who find tablets and capsules difficult to swallow
The refining of cereal grains, a major dietary staple in the UK, has been shown to remove up to 90% of the available zinc content of these foodstuffs. This, combined with the trend to eat less animal-derived protein, is likely to be one of the reasons why a staggering one out of three adults in the UK receive less than the Reference Nutrient Intake (RNI) for this mineral.
Zinc is essential for all protein synthesis in the body. Any extra physical or mental demands made on the body can increase the need for zinc or cause our bodies to lose extra zinc, whereas phytate and fibre rich foods inhibit the absorption of zinc from food.
One fifth of zinc in the body is found to be in skin and it is involved in tissue renewal. Indeed the health of several body systems such as the nervous, immune and reproductive systems are influenced by zinc, as are the senses of taste and smell.
Zincatest® is a simple non-invasive test, which gives an indication of zinc status. Zincatest® can also be given as a zinc supplement. Recommend to those who find zinc in tablet or capsule form difficult to swallow.
Lamberts Zincatest Ingredients
- A clear solution of zinc sulphate.
- Zinc (as Zinc Sulphate) 15mg
Suitable for vegetarians.
Lamberts Zincatest Dosage
This product may be used in one of two ways:
(i) as a food supplement and
(ii) as a taste test to indicate zinc status.
(i) As a food supplement: Take one 5ml spoonful of Zincatest® daily. You may wish to dilute this liquid in water or orange juice.
(ii) As a taste test to indicate zinc status: Take the test at least one hour after food or drink. Simply add 5ml of Zincatest® solution to 60ml of water and immediately swirl one 5ml spoonful of the diluted mixture around in the mouth for 10 seconds (this mixture can then be swallowed or spat out).
The taste sensation that results from this test provides an indication of zinc status:
1. Tasteless like water: Low.
2. Slightly dry furry mineral-like or even sweet taste develops after a few seconds: Marginally Low.
3. Definite taste which intensifies with time: Marginally Positive. 4. Strong unpleasant taste noticed immediately: Positive. If response corresponds to 1 or 2 above use a zinc supplement or Zincatest® until response improves to 3 or
4. A 3 to 6 month course may be necessary.
A fresh solution should be made up each time a test is required.
Lamberts Zincatest Allergens and WarningsCautions
None known at the recommended dosage.Storage instructions
To be stored in a cool dry place and protected from light.Legal Category
Lamberts are one of the UK's leading providers to healthcare professionals. Read more about Lamberts HealthCare here
Lamberts Zincatest - 100ml
Our Price: £7.95(Inc. 20% VAT) UK ONLY(£6.63 Exc. VAT) OUTSIDE UKEarn 7 Loyalty Points