Lamberts Selenium 200mcg + A+C+E Descripion
The Lamberts Selenium plus A, C & E formula supplies 200µg Selenium (twice the level found in most products) combined with significant levels of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin E.
Lamberts Selenium 200µg plus A+C+E - More info:
- Provides 200µg selenium (twice the level found in most products).
- Combined with significant levels of vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin E.
- Selenium contributes to the maintenance of normal hair and nails as well as the regular function of the immune system.
- It is also involved in the protection of cells from oxidative stress (by free radicals) and plays a role in male fertility as it contributes to normal spermatogenesis.
- Selenium is needed for healthy liver tissue.
- Selenium helps the action of vitamin E.
- Selenium helps produce CoQ10.
- Selenium maintains the health of the eyes, skin and hair.
- Selenium is an essential component of the antioxidant enzyme, glutathione peroxidase.
- Selenium is a key player in thyroxine metabolism (thyroid gland).
- Selenium is important in reproductive health.
What is selenium used for?
Selenium acts as an antioxidant, which are substances that help our bodies to destroy or quench harmful free radicals that are produced quite naturally in the human body and which, if allowed to proceed unchecked, can harm organs & tissues.
What are the symptoms of selenium deficiency?
Dietary intakes of selenium in the UK during the 70’s were nearly twice the level we consume today! Moreover, official figures from MAFF show that the selenium intake for 80% of adults in the UK is now below the recommended daily intake. This situation is due in part to the reduction in imports of selenium-rich, high protein wheat used for bread making from North America, coupled with the wide usage of selenium-antagonistic artificial fertilisers and acid rain exposure. As a vital component of the body’s antioxidant defence system, a key player in thyroxine metabolism as well as an invaluable nutrient in reproductive health, falling dietary intakes are a real cause for concern.
Lamberts Selenium 200mcg + A+C+E Ingredients
A cream speckled round uncoated tablet.Each tablet delivers:
|Vitamin A ||400µg ||Vitamin E ||24mg |
|Vitamin C ||80mg ||Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine) ||200µg |
DiCalcium Phosphate, Cellulose, Anti-Caking Agents (Silicon Dioxide, Stearic Acid & Magnesium Stearate), Crosslinked Cellulose Gum.
Less than 1 hour.
Suitable for vegetarians.
Lamberts Selenium 200mcg + A+C+E Allergens and Warnings
See also ingredients section.
The following list of allergens are excluded: Wheat, Barley, Soya, Eggs, Milk (and milk products), Lactose, Nuts, Sulphites, Celery, Fish, Shellfish, Yeast and Gluten containing ingredients.
None known at recommended usage.
To be stored in a cool dry place and protected from light.