Lamberts Pure Fish Oil Information
Providing 700mg of Omega 3’s per capsule
These capsules contain a concentrated fish oil which provides a full 700mg of Omega 3’s per capsule (many 1000mg fish oil products contain just 350mg of Omega 3’s). This means that this product is one of the strongest available in the UK and is therefore widely recommended by practitioners. The fish oil undergoes a sophisticated purification process that ensures it is largely odour free, with levels of contaminants well below the strict EU maximum limits. The oil is then protected from oxidation while it is in the capsules by the inclusion of natural vitamin E.
The most beneficial ingredients in fish oil are the two Omega 3 fatty acids, EPA and DHA. Research has shown that Omegas 3’s play a vitally important part in maintaining our health and wellbeing and it is for this reason that fish oil supplements are regularly recommended by practitioners.
The official recommendation by the DoH is that people should consume two portions of oily fish per week to obtain sufficient Omega 3’s. This is good advice but one that is followed by relatively few people, and so the use of fish oil supplements is the best option for many.
Uses of Lamberts Pure Fish Oil
The beneficial ingredients of Fish Oil are two fatty acids, EPA and DHA. These are Omega 3 fatty acids which are important in:
- the maintenance of a healthy heart
- in helping to maintain joint mobility
- maintaining healthy skin
- Whilst we can make EPA and DHA in our body from the conversion of the parent fatty acid of the Omega-3 family, Alpha-Linolenic Acid, nutritionists believe that this process may not always be very efficient.
- Moreover, few foods contain EPA and DHA, particularly at the same high levels found in the oil taken from oily fish such as mackerel and herring.
- Yet research suggests that we need at least 1 gram of Omega 3 fatty acids every day for optimum health and up to 2-3 grams to combat certain health conditions including specific heart concerns and impaired joint movement.
- Since the vast majority of people cannot meet this dietary requirement from the diet, fish oil supplementation is pertinent for many.
- An alternative source for Omega-3 Fatty Acids is Flax Seed Oil.