Lamberts L-Lysine 500mg Description
Lysine is an essential amino acid and is therefore one of the eight amino acids that our bodies can not make, so we are completely reliant on our diets to provide sufficient lysine. It is used by the body in a number of ways and, particularly in the formation of collagen, the most abundant protein in the body. Practitioners frequently recommend this particular amino acid during an attack of cold sores as it has been shown to inhibit the replication of the Herpes Simplex (Type I) virus.
We require 2-3g a day of lysine and it is most abundant in animal based foodstuffs such as meat. Vegetables and vegetable proteins are not particularly high in lysine, and so some experts believe that vegetarian and vegan diets may provide rather low levels of lysine.
- An essential amino acid found mainly in meat and dairy foods
- Intake maybe low levels for some vegans and vegetarians
- Plays an important role in collagen formation alongside proline, glycine, vitamin C and copper
- Works antagonistically to arginine to inhibit viral replication
- Lysine increases the bioavailability of iron.
- Lamberts uses a USP grade of L-Lysine, which is the quality used in clinical nutrition products. Some very cheap products are likely to contain animal feed-grade lysine as huge quantities are produced for agricultural use.
Lamberts L-Lysine 500mg Ingredients
A white oval coated tablet.
Each tablet delivers:
|L-Lysine (Hydrochloride) ||1000mg |
|L-Lysine ||800mg |
L-Lysine Hydrochloride, DiCalcium Phosphate, Cellulose, Crosslinked Cellulose Gum, Anti-caking Agents (Silicon Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Stearic Acid), Tablet Coating (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Glycerine).
Less than 1 hour.
Suitable for vegetarians
Lamberts L-Lysine 500mg Dosage
1 to 2 tablets daily. It is preferable to take Amino Acids with fruit juice or water rather than milk. An Amino Acid is best taken 1/2 hour before any meal or at bedtime.
Lamberts L-Lysine 500mg Allergens and Warnings
The following list of allergens are excluded: Wheat, Barley, Soya, Eggs, Milk (and milk products), Lactose, Nuts, Sulphites and Gluten containing ingredients.
This product is not recommended for children or pregnant or lactating women.
To be stored in a cool dry place and protected from light.
Lamberts are one of the UK's leading providers to healthcare professionals. Read more about Lamberts HealthCare here
Lamberts L-Lysine 500mg (120)
Our Price: £10.95(Inc. 20% VAT) UK ONLY(£9.13 Exc. VAT) OUTSIDE UKEarn 10 Loyalty Points