Lamberts Iron 14mg (As Citrate) Description
(Iron health supplement as Citrate).
This product presents iron as a citrate to aid its absorption and utilisation and there have been very few reports of the constipation problems that can be caused by ferrous sulphate supplements. This is important as patient compliance is essential when supplementing with iron since replenishing depleted iron stores can take several months. Each tablet provides a full 14mg of iron (as citrate) which is the recommended daily amount. This iron product is suitable for vegetarians and is produced in premises that operate to stringent pharmaceutical standards of GMP
- Supplied in the form of citrate as this is known to be easily absorbed
- Some nutritionists consider this form to be less likely to cause constipation than the more common ferrous sulphate
- Low iron intakes are surprisingly common in the UK
- Iron is known to contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- We highly recommend that any adult, particularly women of menstruating age, who eat a vegetarian diet, or very little red meat, should consider adding an iron supplement to their daily regime
- Suitable for vegetarians
Iron is basic to all life processes, since without it oxygen cannot be transported round our bodies. It is also a component of enzymes and proteins and is needed for the metabolism of B vitamins.
- Iron acts with protein and copper to make haemoglobin, the oxygen-carrying component of red blood cells
- Dietary deficiency of Iron is the most prevalent mineral deficiency in the world today according to World Health Organisation sources
- All ages and both sexes are at risk of deficiency, but especially women of child-bearing age
- Iron citrate allows maximum absorption and utilisation
- This iron formulation should not lead to constipation, as is the case with some other iron supplement
How does iron impact your life?
Scarily, dietary deficiency of iron is the most prevalent mineral deficiency in the world today according to World Health Organisation sources. All ages and both sexes are at risk, but especially women of child-bearing age. In the UK official data shows that 89% of young women have a daily intake of iron which is less than the RNI of 14.8mg. This reflects the move towards vegetarian diets and declining intakes of red meat.
Lamberts Iron 14mg (As Citrate) Dosage
1 to 2 tablets daily.
Lamberts Iron 14mg (As Citrate) Ingredients
A beige speckled clear coated round tablet.Each tablet delivers:
DiCalcium Phosphate Cellulose Modified Starch Tablet Coating (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose Glycerin) Stearic Acid Silicon Dioxide Magnesium Stearate.
Less than 1 hour.
Suitable for vegetarians.
Lamberts Iron 14mg (As Citrate) Allergens and Warnings
See also ingredients section.
The following list of allergens are excluded: Wheat, Barley, Soya, Eggs, Milk (and milk products), Lactose, Nuts, Sulphites, Celery, Fish, Shellfish, Yeast and Gluten containing ingredients.
This product contains iron which if taken in excess may be harmful to very young children. Keep out of sight and reach. Over 20mg of iron may cause mild stomach upset in sensitive individuals.
To be stored in a cool dry place and protected from light.
Lamberts are one of the UK's leading providers to healthcare professionals. Read more about Lamberts HealthCare here
Lamberts Iron 14mg (As Citrate) (100)
Our Price: £7.50(Inc. 20% VAT) UK ONLY(£6.25 Exc. VAT) OUTSIDE UKEarn 7 Loyalty Points