Lamberts Flax Seed Oil Description
Research indicates that Omega 3 fatty acids are important for the maintenance of a healthy heart, and in helping to maintain joint mobility, as well as healthy skin. Flax Seed Oil is an excellent alternative to fish oils as the oil obtained from flax seed is 50% by weight Alpha-Linolenic Acid and therefore contains almost twice as much Omega 3 per gram of weight than standard strength fish oils.
Alpha-Linolenic Acid is converted by the body into the Omega 3 fatty acids EPA and DHA according to its need. As an essential nutrient, Alpha-Linolenic Acid is required in large amounts by the body but because it is highly unstable, it is not always possible to be sure how much is available in the diet. The Flax Seed Oil from Lamberts® is cold pressed to ensure that the nutritive qualities are retained and to protect the ALA from oxidation we use opaque capsule shells and add vitamin E as an antioxidant. Our tests on the degree of saturation (a measure of freshness) show that the precious ALA is stable during the shelf life of the product.
Flax Seed Oil is also a useful source of Linoleic Acid, the other main essential fatty acid that our diets must provide.
Lamberts® Flax Seed Oil capsules provide:
- A vegetarian source of Omega 3’s
- Omega 3’s protected from oxidation by the capsule shell and vitamin E
- A rich source of Omega 3’s without the aftertaste
Lamberts Flax Seed Oil 1000mg
A rich source of Omega 3’s
- Cold pressed to ensure nutrtive qualities are retained
- 1000mg of pure flax seed oil per capsule
- No aftertaste or odour associated with fish oils
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Flax seed oil is an excellent alternative to fish oils as the oil obtained from flax seed is 60% by weight alpha-linolenic acid.
- Healthy bodies are able to convert alpha-linolenic acid into the omega 3 fatty acids present in fish oil (EPA and DHA) as required.
- Flax seed oil is also a useful source of linoleic acid, the 'parent' fatty acid to the omega 6 fatty acids, for which evening primorose is so well known.
- Lamberts flax seed oil is cold pressed to ensure that the nutritive qualities are retained.
- The capsules are gelatin-free.
- Each Lamberts Flax Seed Oil 1000mg capsule contains a full 500mg alpha-linolenic acid and 122 linoleic acid.
- It is recommended that a source of vitamin E be taken alongside flax oils.
Lamberts Flax Seed Oil Ingredients
An opaque brown oblong soft capsule.Each capsule delivers:
|Flax Seed Oil ||1000mg ||Alpha Linolenic Acid ||680mg |
|Linoleic Acid ||122mg |
Encapsulated With :
Capsule Shell (Modified Starch Glycerol Gelling Agent: Carageenan Colours: Iron Oxide) Antioxidant: d alpha Tocopherol.
Less than 30 minutes.
Suitable for vegetarians.
Lamberts Flax Seed Oil Dosage
1 to 3 capsules daily.
Lamberts Flax Seed Oil Allergens and Warnings
The following list of allergens are excluded: Wheat, Barley, Soya, Eggs, Milk (and milk products), Lactose, Nuts, Sulphites, Celery, Fish, Shellfish, Yeast and Gluten containing ingredients.
None known at the recommended usage
To be stored in a cool dry place and protected from light.
Lamberts are one of the UK's leading providers to healthcare professionals. Read more about Lamberts HealthCare here
Lamberts Flax Seed Oil (90)
Our Price: £12.95(Inc. 20% VAT) UK ONLY(£10.79 Exc. VAT) OUTSIDE UKEarn 12 Loyalty Points