Lamberts Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg Description
This is Lamberts® most popular Evening primrose product as it is the size and potency that is best well known, and for many years the strongest GLA supplement we supplied. We now also have two other products with higher GLA levels (shown below).
Evening primrose oil is still a popular supplement as the oil is one of the few natural sources of an omega 6 fatty acid called Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA). The body uses GLA to make a specific prostaglandin which takes part in regulating the nervous, cardiovascular and reproductive systems, as well as maintaining healthy skin condition and other biological functions.
Our bodies can actually make GLA from Linoleic Acid (the omega 6 fatty acid present in vegetable oils) but this conversion is sometimes slow or partially blocked. Hence, a dietary source of GLA can be very useful and numerous clinical trials have established that GLA supplements can be effective in certain situations.
Lamberts® Evening Primrose Oil is high quality oil specially selected for its purity and consistent GLA level, and each capsule also provides 83% NRV of vitamin E.
This product provides approximately 50% more GLA per capsule than the similar sized evening primrose capsules, and each capsule also provides the RDA of Vitamin E
This product may be helpful to:
- women going through the menopause
- women at the time of their period
- anyone wishing to keep their skin in good condition.
Lamberts Evening Primrose Oil with Starflower Oil 1000mg
- Health supplement Providing a full 12% GLA
- Combines evening primrose oil with starflower (borage) seed oil to give a blend that is richer in Gamma-Linolenic acid (GLA) than straight evening primrose oil
- Provides approximately 30% more GLA per capsule than similar sized evening primrose capsules
- Guaranteed level of 120mg of GLA per capsule
- Each capsule provides the RDA of vitamin E
- Often recommended to, women going through menopause, at the time of their period, or anyone wishing to keep their skin in good condition
- Suitable for vegetarians
Lamberts Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg Ingredients
A soft capsule.
Each capsule delivers:
|Evening Primrose Oil ||1000mg |
|providing || |
|Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA) ||90mg |
|Vitamin E ||10mg |
Encapsulated With :
Capsule Shell (Gelatin, Glycerin).
Less than 30 minutes.
Suitable for vegetarians.
Lamberts Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg Dosage
1 to 3 capsules daily.
Lamberts Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg Allergens and Warnings
The following list of allergens are excluded: Wheat, Barley, Soya, Eggs, Milk (and milk products), Lactose, Nuts, Sulphites, Celery, Fish, Shellfish, Yeast and Gluten containing ingredients.
Evening Primrose Oil should only be given to Epileptics (temporal lobe) under medical supervision.
To be stored in a cool dry place and protected from light.
Lamberts are one of the UK's leading providers to healthcare professionals. Read more about Lamberts HealthCare here
Lamberts Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg (90)
Our Price: £12.95(Inc. 20% VAT) UK ONLY(£10.79 Exc. VAT) OUTSIDE UKEarn 12 Loyalty Points