Lamberts Extra High Potency Evening Primrose Oil with Starflower Oil 1000mg Description
Lamberts Evening Primrose Oil combines evening primrose oil with starflower (borage) seed oil because this is richer in Gamma-Linolenic acid (GLA) than straight evening primrose oil. This product provides approximately 30% more GLA per capsule than similar sized evening primrose capsules and approximately 50% more GLA per capsule than the similar sized evening primrose capsules.
- (120mg GLA) size 90 caps.
- Health Supplement.
- Provides a full 12% GLA.
- Combines evening primrose oil with starflower (borage) seed oil to give a blend that is richer in Gamma-Linolenic acid (GLA) than straight evening primrose oil.
- Provides approximately 30% more GLA per capsule than similar sized evening primrose capsules.
- Guaranteed level of 120mg of GLA per capsule.
- Each capsule provides 83% NRV of vitamin E.
- Often recommended to, women going through menopause, at the time of their period, or anyone wishing to keep their skin in good condition.
- Suitable for vegetarians.
What are the benefits of GLA?
GLA is the precursor of an important prostaglandin called PGE1, which helps to regulate the nervous, cardiovascular and reproductive systems, skin condition and other biological functions. The body can make GLA from the Omega 6 fatty acid present in vegetable oils but the conversion is sometimes slow or partially blocked. So Lamberts Evening Primrose Oil can be very useful to the body in by-passing the conversion process, and numerous clinical trials have established that GLA supplements can be effective in a number of situations.
Is starflower oil good for menopause?
Yes. Starflower oil is often recommended instead of evening primrose oil to women going through the Menopause as well as for women at the time of their period.
Lamberts EPO With Starflower Oil 1000mg Ingredients
A soft capsule.
Each capsule delivers:
|Evening Primrose Oil with Starflower oil ||1000mg |
|providing: Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA) ||120mg |
|Vitamin E ||10mg |
Capsule Shell (Modified Starch, Glycerol, Gelling Agent: Carrageenan).
Less than 30 minutes.
Suitable for vegetarians.
Lamberts EPO With Starflower Oil 1000mg cautions, allergen advice & storage Information
The following list of allergens are excluded: Wheat, Barley, Soya, Eggs, Milk (and milk products), Lactose, Nuts, Sulphites, Celery, Fish, Shellfish, Yeast and Gluten containing ingredients.
Evening Primrose Oil should only be given to Epileptics (temporal lobe) under medical supervision.
To be stored in a cool dry place and protected from light.