Concerns over fish oils:
- Rapidly declining fish stocks
- PCB's and heavy metal pollutants
- Extensive processing, deodorising, distilling, heating or refining of the delicate oils
- Fishy aftertaste and burps!
Cleanmarine Krill Oil is
- Sustainably and ethically harvested
- 100% pure from the cleanest ocean (every batch is tested for purity)
- requires none of the extensive processing undertaken on fish oils
- No fishy aftertaste or burps!
Antarctic Krill are tiny shrimp like crustaceans that live in our cool deep oceans. They are the most abundant living organism on the planet and provide a source of EPA and DHA in the form of Phospholipids, rather than the Triglyceride Omega 3 found in fish oils. Our cell membranes are made up predominantly of phospholipids so the EPA and DHA is easily assimilated by the body. Fish oils need to be processed by the body before they can be assimilated and so are not as efficiently absorbed. Studies have shown that less EPA and DHA from Cleanmarine Krill Oil is required to achieve similar health benefits as an equivalent amount of EPA and DHA from fish oils.
Krill also contain a powerful natural anti-oxidant - Astaxanthin - which gives them their reddish colour. Fish oils do not contain Astaxanthin and an anti-oxidant often has to be added during the production process.
Sustainability and Ethical fishing
Cleanmarine uses Krill Oil that has been certified to the Marine Stewardship Councils standard for sustainability - the first Omega 3 Oil to have such an accreditation in Europe. The fishing vessel has a full time observer from the WWF onboard to ensure there is no "side" catch and that strictly controlled quotas are adhered too. Only 0.0375% of all krill are fished each year, well below the precautionary level of 1%. There is no danger of over-fishing with such a tightly controlled environment.
Cleanmarine Krill are harvested from deep in the antarctic ocean. They have exceptional purity for 2 key reasons:
- The antarctic current that moves in a circular motion round the Antarctic keeps the polluted waters of the Atlantic and Pacific from mixing so protecting the waters and the the wildlife from these potentially harmful elements.
- Krill are very low down in the food chain so that even if there were pollutants they would accumulate extremely small amounts. Fish are higher up the chain and therefore can accumulate a lot more toxins
- Astaxanthin naturally keeps the oil from oxidising and becoming rancid without the need to add anything or refine the oil.
No Fishy burps!
As fish oils provide Omega 3 EPA and DHA in Triglyceride form which the body has to break down and then reassemble into a form it needs at the cellular level and is absorbed by the stomach , you will often find that the fish oils repeat on you with an unpleasant fishy aftertaste. Cleanmarine Krill Oil is absorbed by the small intestine, not the stomach and is already in the form required for efficient absorption so you do not get the same reflux or aftertaste ensuring no complaints from your partner or friends!!!
Cleanmarine Krill Oil shows superior benefits than Fish oils:
The effect of krill oil on hyperlipidemia was investigated in a recent clinical trial. The study was performed on a group of patients diagnosed with mild to high levels of cholesterol and triglycerides. During the trial, patients received supplements with krill oil or fish oil, and the control group received placebo. Krill oil reduced the level of circulating triglycerides significantly, compared to fish oil and placebo. Furthermore, krill oil appeared to have a greater impact on total cholesterol levels. The results of this study demonstrated that krill oil is effective in managing hyperlipidemia by reducing total cholesterol, LDL, and triglycerides while increasing levels of HDL ("Good" cholesterol)
It is widely recognised that DHA is an important building block in the brain and that fat is the most important essential nutrient in a young infant's diet.
As DHA from Cleanmarine Krill Oil absorbs better into the body this is a superior source of fatty acids for brain development.
Cleanmarine Krill Oil supplies easily absorbed EPA and DHA.
- DHA is known for its support of vision and can help reduce sight degeneration
EPA and DHA contribute to normal heart function. The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 250mg EPA plus DHA.DHA contributes to the maintenance of normal brain function and vision. The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 250mg DHA.