Pollinosan non-drowsy, herbal hayfever support
4 June 2020 | Editor
Tablets for relief of hayfever and allergic rhinitis. Non-drowsy. Pollinosan Hayfever tablets are made from 7 tropical herbs potentised using a traditional method.
- Hayfever remedy
- May also be used for allergic rhinitis
- Non-drowsy - does not affect ability to drive or use machines
- Can be used with other hayfever remedies
- No restriction on use with asthma
- Suitable for children over 12 years
Pollinosan hayfever tablets are made to an original A.Vogel formula. It contains 7 tropical herbs in varying homeopathic potencies.
Pollinosan tablets are non-drowsy so will not affect your ability to drive or use machinery. It can be used to help treat allergies to grass or tree pollen (hayfever), as well as allergies to dust, animals and pets (allergic rhinitis) – both conditions give rise to symptoms such as itching and watery eyes, sneezing, tickly nose or throat and a blocked nose. Pollinosan tablets can be used together with Pollinosan Luffa Nasal Spray.
Frequently asked questions
1. Who should not use Pollinosan tablets? Are there any contraindications?
Pollinosan should not be used by people who are sensitive or allergic to any of the ingredients in the product, including those with lactose or milk allergies.
2. Is Pollinosan just for the relief of hayfever?
Apart from treating the symptoms of hayfever, you may also use Pollinosan to relieve the symptoms of allergic rhinitis (allergies to dust, animal fur etc). Symptoms of hayfever and allergic rhinitis are similar and include sneezing, watery eyes, runny or blocked noses.
3. How long can I take Pollinosan tablets for?
You may take Pollinosan tablets for as long as you need to. However, if symptoms worsen, or persist for more than 7 days, consult your doctor or other qualified healthcare professional.
4. How long do I have to take it before it starts to work?
This varies from individual to individual. Start taking Pollinosan tablets as directed and judge your response for yourself. If you feel no improvement within the first 7 days or if symptoms worsen whilst using Pollinosan tablets, see a doctor or other qualified healthcare professional.
5. As this is a homeopathic medicine, does it make things worse initially?
This type of reaction has been described when using homeopathic medicines and is part of the homeopathic ‘tradition’. The potential for individual reactions to medicines varies from person to person and, like all medicines, homeopathic or otherwise, Pollinosan tablets may cause minor side effects such as digestive upset or a rash but it is important to note that not everyone will experience them. If side effects do occur and you are worried, see a doctor or other qualified healthcare professional.
6. Can I use both the nasal spray and the tablets?
Yes, you may use both Pollinosan tablets and Pollinosan Nasal Spray together.
7. Can I take Pollinosan tablets whilst pregnant or breastfeeding?
Pollinosan tablets can only be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding whilst under the guidance of a doctor.
8. Can I give Pollinosan tablets to my 7 year old?
No, Pollinosan tablets should not be used by children under the age of 12. If your child is over the age of 6, you may wish to try Pollinosan Hayfever Nasal Spray as an alternative.