How Urticalcin can help ageing muscles and bones
4 CommentsFriday, 12 October 2018
As our average life expectancy continues to climb, we know that we are more at risk of experiencing problems with our bones. Although it's normal for our bone density to decrease as we age, this process can be accelerated by a number of factors such as poor diet, lack of exercise and the overuse of medication. However, that's not all; some common but less obvious contributing factors include stress or weak digestion, all of which can contribute to weaker bones.
Contrary to popular belief, relying on sources of dairy or high-dose calcium supplements isn't necessarily the way to go in order to protect our bones. Instead, sensible approaches to diet and lifestyle can make all the difference, and here we explore how the supplement Urticalcin can also play a useful part.
Urticalcin, rich in silica and containing stinging nettle, acts as a calcium director in the body. lt doesn't provide huge doses of extra calcium, but instead it helps ensure that what you do acquire through a sensible diet and supplement regime is utilised correctly, in order to help maintain and support bone health in the long-term.
Urticalcin Stinging Nettle Complex
What is Urticalcin?
Urticalcin contains an extract of stinging nettle (Urtica dioica) in combination with silicea (homoeopathic silica), calcium carbonate, calcium phosphate and sodium phosphate. lt acts as a calcium director in the body and helps to usher calcium to where we want it - towards our bones, nails and hair, rather than risking it being dumped throughout our joints, tissues or cardiovascular system where it's not wanted and can potentially contribute to other problems!
How does Urticalcin work?
Urticalcin works in a number of different ways and has a number of potential benefits:
- Helps improve calcium uptake and directs it accordingly in the body. lt may help to balance bone density, which can be especially useful in conditions such as osteoporosis or osteoarthritis, where the risk is that dietary or supplemental calcium is inappropriately dumped around the joints or elsewhere in the body
- Speeds up bone healing after fractures
- Helps reduce muscle and bone cramps, especially at night
- May help reduce the symptoms of restless leg syndrome
- Helps to strengthens nails - and many people find that their hair grows faster when taking Urticalcin
Who can benefit from Urticalcin?
Many people suffer from calcium deficiency symptoms (brittle nails, slow hair growth, cramps, restless legs, osteoporosis), not necessarily because they don't have enough calcium in their diets, but because they don't absorb that calcium properly.
Taking more calcium in the form of supplements may not be the answer if calcium absorption isn't improved. The concern is that more calcium could end up in the wrong places. Better absorption comes from increasing magnesium intake, reducing acidity in the body (avoiding smoking, and reducing consumption of alcohol, coffee and processed foods), and using Urticalcin to help encourage calcium uptake.
How does Urticalcin work in combination with current regimes?
Urticalcin can be taken alongside or instead of calcium supplements. lt helps improve the uptake of calcium from food sources (calcium is widely distributed in a huge range of foods), as well as maximising the use of the calcium provided in supplements.
Benefits of Urticalcin
- Very good value for money compared to expensive calcium supplements
- lt is easy to take - tiny, tasty tablets which can dissolve in the mouth
- lt is versatile and easy to take; it can be taken alongside food or not, and with our without drinks
- Urticalcin is suitable for long-term use