Benefits of fibre free probiotics
Wednesday, 11 December 2019 | Editor
F.O.S Free probiotics
Many people suffer from digestive problems and diet changes restricting certain foods can often help these issues. Probiotics are a great way to help your gut perform better and benefit you both physically and mentally (See Probiotics and mental health). However, many people need to gut down on F.O.S, a fibre substance that can sometimes cause these issues. Many probiotics contain an element of F.O.S. But there is a new probiotic product that is free from F.O.S thus helping people who need to restrict fibre intake.
These people may include those on FODMAP, SCD or GAPS. Read the full article about this and explanations about FODMAP, SCD or GAPS.
What is FODMAP
Food is a common trigger of digestive symptoms. Interestingly, restricting certain foods can dramatically improve these symptoms in people sensitive to groups of carbs that are notorious for triggering digestive symptoms like bloating, gas and stomach pain.
FODMAP stands for "fermentable oligo-, di-, mono-saccharides and polyols". In particular, a diet low in fermentable carbs known as FODMAPS is clinically recommended for the management of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). (F.O.S is short for fructooligosaccharides).
What is SCD
Over the last decade, the incidence of inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) has increased worldwide.
Symptoms are often painful and include diarrhea, bleeding ulcers and anaemia.
Elimination diets, such as the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD), have gained traction as potential treatments for IBD and other inflammatory and autoimmune disorders.
What is GAPS
GAPS stands for Gut and Psychology Syndrome.
GAPS stands for Gut and Psychology Syndrome. It’s an elimination diet claimed to cure conditions that affect brain function, including autism and attention deficit disorder.
These conditions do not mean that probiotics are not extremely helpful for overall health but many of them contain F.O.S. So BioCare have introduced a new probiotic that is free from F.O.S. Here are the details:
BioCare BioAcidophilus Forte FOS Free
30 billion per daily intake of the clinically researched LAB4 strains of live bacteria per capsule. F.O.S. FREE - without fructooligosaccharides (F.O.S.) for those wishing to avoid extra fibre. Suitable for individuals following a specific diet such as low FODMAP, SCD or GAPS.
- CLINICALLY EFFECTIVE - Contains 30 billion per daily intake of the clinically researched LAB4 strains of live bacteria per capsule - two specific proprietary strains of Lactobacillus acidophilus along with
- Bifidobacterium bifidum and Bifidobacterium lactis
- F.O.S. FREE - without fructooligosaccharides (F.O.S.) for those wishing to avoid extra fibre. Suitable for individuals following a specific diet such as low FODMAP, SCD or GAPS
- PREMIUM STRENGTH CAPSULE - 30 billion per daily intake for everyday use, and suitable alongside antibiotics
- GUARANTEED POTENCY - at the end of shelf life. They are stable in storage and in the gut, so you're guaranteed to get what you need
- PURE - free of unnecessary ingredients and allergens, dairy free (which many live bacteria products are not) and vegan-friendly
SEE FULL PRODUCT DETAILS