A.Vogel Stinging Nettle Urtica Drops
This organically grown botanical food supplement features an extract of freshly harvested Urtica dioica. It has been used traditionally as a therapeutic herb for a myriad of health complaints ranging from the more serious to improving the appearance and quality of hair.
- Organically grown.
- A botanical food supplement.
- Made from freshly harvested Urtica dioica (stinging nettle) herb.
What is stinging nettle Urtica drops used for?
This product may have the following benefits:
- May help symptoms of gout.
- May help symptoms of rheumatism/ arthritis.
- May help symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia.
- May help symptoms of allergies, e.g. hay fever, urticaria.
- May help symptoms of chronic skin disorders, e.g. Eczema.
Mrs. Grieve, in A Modern Herbal says this about Nettle:
"It is the formic acid in the Nettle, with the phosphates and a trace of iron, which constitute it such a valuable food medicinally." She continues "Preparations of the herb have astringent properties and act also as a stimulating tonic. Nettle is anti-asthmatic: the juice of the roots or leaves, mixed with honey or sugar, will relieve bronchial and asthmatic troubles and the dried leaves, burnt and inhaled, will have the same effect." Mrs. Grieve further states "The seeds have also been used in consumption, the infusion of herb or seeds being taken in wineglassful given in wine as a remedy for ague. The powdered seeds have been considered a cure for goiter and efficacious in reducing excessive corpulency. "In Holland, and also in Egypt, it is said that horse-dealers mix the seeds of Nettles with oats or other food, in order to give the animals a sleek coat. "Although in Britain upwards of thirty insects feed solely on the Nettle plant, flies have a distaste for the plant, and a fresh bunch of Stinging Nettles will keep a larder free from them."
Adults: Take 20 drops twice daily in a little water.
Children (2-12 years): Take 1 drop per year of age twice daily in a little water.
Tincture of organically grown fresh Urtica Dioica (Stinging Nettle) aerial parts, extracted in Alcohol (50%V/V).
- Rarely, allergic reactions have been observed.
- Gastrointestinal irritation has been documented in a few cases.
- Excessive use of Urtica may interact with concurrent treatment for diabetes, high or low blood pressure.
- This product is not recommended for pregnant & breastfeeding women unless directed by a medical professional.
A Vogel grow many of there herbs themselves, ensuring their purity and allowing them to process them fresh, with the greater potency that provides. Read more about A Vogel here
A.Vogel Stinging Nettle Urtica Drops 50ml
Our Price: £10.79(Inc. 20% VAT) UK ONLY(£8.99 Exc. VAT) OUTSIDE UKEarn 10 Loyalty Points