A.Vogel Artichoke Cynara
This liquid, botanical food supplement has been made from freshly harvested Cynara scolymus (Globe Artichoke) leaves. One of the plant chemicals found in cynara, known as cynarin, is thought to be responsible for its purported health benefits. The majority of cynarin found in artichoke is in the pulp of the leaves, which is why A. Vogel have used this part of the plant for this tincture.
- Organically grown.
- Fresh herb tincture.
- Botanical food supplement.
- Made from freshly harvested Cynara scolymus leaves.
- May be helpful for controlling cholesterol levels, the digestion of fatty foods, bloating, flatulence, abdominal cramps or constipation.
What is Cynara used for?
Like A.Vogel Milk Thistle Complex Drops, Cynara may help to protect the liver against the harmful effects of substances such as alcohol. It has a powerful effect on the production of bile & fat-digesting enzymes too, which respectively stimulate liver functions and lower Cholesterol levels. Seemingly this latter action is due to increased bile production & reduced absorption of cholesterol in the intestine, with less cholesterol being synthesized in the liver & more being eliminated.
What else is artichoke extract good for?
It may help with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), when people find it hard to digest fatty foods. Symptoms such as bloating, flatulence, abdominal cramps on the right hand side and Constipation were all alleviated with an extract of artichoke leaf, in a clinical trial (A.F. Walker etal. Phytotherapy Research 2001; 15: 58-61). The Artichoke preparation was well-tolerated and over 80% of the patients improved.
Take 20 drops of product 2-3 times daily, in a little water. For maintenance, take 20 drops 1-2 times daily, in a little water.
Tincture of organically grown fresh Cynara Scolymus (Globe Artichoke) Leaves, extracted in Alcohol (66%V/V).
- Not recommended for kids.
- Keep out of reach & sight of children.
- Not suitable for breastfeeding women.
- Pregnant women should consult their healthcare practitioner before considering using this product.
- Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
- Medical advice should be sought with acute & severe liver complaints suchas hepatitis & biliary tract occlusion.
A Vogel grow many of there herbs themselves, ensuring their purity and allowing them to process them fresh, with the greater potency that provides. Read more about A Vogel here
A.Vogel Artichoke Cynara Drops 50ml
Our Price: £10.79(Inc. 20% VAT) UK ONLY(£8.99 Exc. VAT) OUTSIDE UKEarn 10 Loyalty Points