A. Vogel Echinacea and Sage Throat Spray
This throat spray has been prepared from freshly harvested, organically cultivated herbs & manufactured in Switzerland to the highest quality standards. It combines the well known herbal remedy, A.Vogel Echinaforce Echinacea Drops, with a sage tincture.
- Easy to use.
- Contains sage & echinacea.
- Made with fresh herb extracts.
- A herbal remedy for sore throats.
- The spray format targets the tissues most in need of immune support.
What does a Vogel Echinaforce do?
Sore throats are among the most common complaints encountered in general medical practice & usually occur in conjunction with upper respiratory tract infections. Viral infections account for at least 65% of all sore throats, so the use of antibiotics only plays a minor part in the treatment of sore throats. This product has an acute anaesthetic and Anti-Inflammatory action in sore throats, as well as beneficially influencing the further course of the illness due to the immuno modulatory, antiviral & antibacterial properties of the herbs. It has a soothing effect on dry sore throats and delivers the aforementioned herbal extracts directly to the throat where it is readily absorbed.
Does echinacea throat spray work?
Take a look at the findings of this clinical research:
- A multicentre, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, double-dummy study to assess the efficacy & tolerability of A.Vogel Throat Spray compared to a chlorhexidine/lidocaine spray in patients with acute sore throats.
- This trial was conducted in accordance with the ICH-GCP guidelines.
- 151 patients were recruited, aged between 12 & 75, with acute pharyngitis or tonsilitis with throat pain & inflammation of the pharynx and/or tonsils, & onset of the sore throat less than 72 hours prior to the start of the study. The study was continued until the patients were symptom-free, up to a maximum of 5 days.
- The response rates after the first day of treatment were 13% in the Vogel group & 14.1% in the Collunosol group.
- The response rates after the second day of treatment were 39.1% in both groups.
- The response rates after the third day of treatment were 63.8% in the Vogel group & 57.8% in the Collunosol group.
- The combined results showed that Vogel's Throat Spray was as good as Collunosol spray for the resolution of symptoms of sore throat.
It is best to use the spray after meals. There is no need for water – just spray it into your mouth & throat. 2 sprays = 0.44ml = 1 Echinaforce Echinacea Tablet(250mg) or 11 drops of Echinaforce Echinacea Drops.
- Adults: 2 sprays twice daily. In acute cases: 2 sprays 6-10 times per day as required.
- Children (6-12 years): 1 spray twice daily. In acute cases: 1 spray 6-10 times per day as required.
How long can it be taken for?
If a sore throat does not start to improve within five days or if it worsens after this time, a medical practitioner should be consulted.
Fresh Echinacea Purpurea* (Purple Coneflower) Herb 190mg, Fresh Salvia Officinalis* (Sage) Leaves 95mg & Fresh Echinacea Purpurea* (Purple Coneflower) Root 10mg.
Also contains: Sorbitol Solution, Ethanol, Soya Lecithin, Sucrose Ester & Peppermint Oil. Alcohol Content: 40% V/V.
- Store in a cool dry place.
- Do not spray into the nose.
- Do not breathe during application.
- Keep out of reach & sight of children.
- Not recommended for children under 6 years of age.
- Do not take if you are allergic to echinacea or any other members of the daisy family.
- This product is not recommended during pregnancy & breastfeeding unless directed by a medical professional.
- Not recommended for people with epilepsy, because of the theoretical risk that thujone, an essential oil found in sage, can adversely affect pre-existing epilepsy.
A Vogel grow many of there herbs themselves, ensuring their purity and allowing them to process them fresh, with the greater potency that provides. Read more about A Vogel here
A.Vogel Echinacea Throat Spray 30ml
Our Price: £11.29(Inc. 20% VAT) UK ONLY(£9.41 Exc. VAT) OUTSIDE UKEarn 11 Loyalty Points