A.Vogel Echinacea Throat Spray
A health supplement that contains extractsof Echinacea purpurea & Sage to aid sore throats
Why is it needed?
Sore throats are among the most common complaints encountered in general medical practice & usually occur in conjunction with upper respiratory tract infections. Viral infections account for at least 65% of all sore throats, so the use of antibiotics only plays a minor part in the treatment of sore throats.
A.Vogel Echinacea Throat Spray is a combination of Sage & Echinacea, which has acute anaesthetic & anti-inflammatory action in sore throats, as well as beneficially influencing the further course of the illness due to the immuno modulatory, antiviral & antibacterial properties of the herbs. It has a soothing effect on dry sore throats.How does it work?
Salvia officinalis (Sage) has antiviral & antibacterial as well as anti-inflammatory & astringent properties. This suggests the usefulness of Sage extracts in the local treatment of sore throats.
Echinacea purpurea also has anti-inflammatory properties on topical application. Echinacea furthermore modulates the local immune response, increasingly ymphocyte count & activity. Local & gastrointestinal absorption of Echinacea leads to a more systemic immunomodulatory effect, which may beneficially influence the further course of the respiratory infection.
The Spray format targets the tissues most in need of immune support.
A.Vogel (Bioforce) Echinacea Throat Spray
Echinacea Throat Spray contains extracts of A.Vogel’s Echinacea purpurea, the well known herbal remedy, combined with Sage. It delivers the herbal extracts directly to the throat where it is readily absorbed. It is a convenient way of using Echinacea every day. There is no need for water – just spray it into your mouth & throat. 2 sprays = 0.44ml = 1 Echinaforce Echinacea Tablet(250mg)or 11 drops of Echinaforce Echinacea Drops.
Echinacea Throat Spray is prepared from freshly harvested, organically cultivated herbs & manufactured in Switzerland to the highest quality standardsClinical Research
- A multicentre, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, double-dummy study to assess the efficacy & tolerability of A.Vogel Throat Spray compared to a chlorhexidine/lidocaine spray in patients with acute sore throats.
- This trial was conducted in accordance with the ICH-GCP guidelines.
- 151 patients were recruited, aged between 12 & 75, with acute pharyngitis or tonsilitis with throat pain & inflammation of the pharynx and/or tonsils, & onset of the sore throat less than 72 hours prior to the start of the study. The study was continued until the patients were symptom-free, up to a maximum of 5 days.
- The response rates after the first day of treatment were 13% in the Vogel group & 14.1% in the Collunosol group.
- The response rates after the second day of treatment were 39.1% in both groups.
- The response rates after the third day of treatment were 63.8% in the Vogel group & 57.8% in the Collunosol group.
- The combined results showed that Vogel's Throat Spray was as good as Collunosol spray for the resolution of symptoms of sore throat.