Potassium is found in most types of food. Good sources of potassium include fruit – such as bananas, some vegetables – such as broccoli, parsnips and brussel sprouts, pulses, nuts and seeds, fish, shellfish, beef, chicken, turkey. How much potassium do I need?
Adults need 3,500mg of potassium a day but if your diet lacks the foods above you may need supplements.
More Potassium Info below product listing
Potassium Health Supplements - What are they for?
Potassium is needed to regulate water and acidity levels in the body and for neuromuscular function. Potassium Citrate provides potassium ions naturally bonded to citric acid.
Additional Potassium Information
- Potassium helps regulate the fluid and acid/alkaline balance in the body
- Potassium is required in protein synthesis and helps the body deal with metabolic end by-products
- Potassium may be required by individuals taking diuretics
- Potassium stimulates peristalsis, the muscle reflex in the intestines and stomach
- Potassium is required for nerve transmission and heart rhythm
- Potassium assists with oxygen transportation to the brain
- Potassium citrate requires little acidification prior to absorption
- BioCare Potassium Citrate is suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans
- BioCare Potassium Citrate is suitable during Pregnancy and whilst Breastfeeding
- BioCare Potassium Citrate capsules may be opened if desired