Vogel Centaurum is used to improve digestion by increasing digestive enzymes and gut motility to help food breakdown. Also reduces gastric reflux
BioCare Biocidin£11.25 - £11.30
BioCare Biocidin health supplement is used to help maintain the correct balance of intestinal microflora.
Gastro Intestinal Supplements
One third of the UK population regularly suffers from digestive illnesses, such as irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, diarrhoea, stomach-aches and nausea and almost 15% of deaths in the UK are linked to the digestive tract . . .
One third of the UK population regularly suffers from digestive illnesses, such as irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, diarrhoea, stomach-aches and nausea and almost 15% of deaths in the UK are linked to the digestive tract
Almost 2 million people in the UK were diagnosed with a digestive disorder last year and one third of the UK population regularly suffers from digestive illnesses, such as irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, diarrhoea, stomach-aches and nausea.Over 3.7 million operations were carried out on parts of the digestive system in the UK in 2005/06 Almost 15% of deaths in the UK are linked to the digestive tract GPs prescribed drugs costing more than £562 million for the gastrointestinal system last year in England 42% of people suffering from digestive problems turn to sources other than their GP for help Cancers of the digestive tract account for 23% of cancer deaths (7)Nutrients vital to body function are absorbed in the gut and toxic by-products are eliminated via the gut. The gut is therefore vital to every aspect of health, unfortunately, gut dysfunction is linked to a huge range of conditionsMost commonly:
Common causes of gut dysfunction include:
- irritable bowel syndrome
- Crohn's disease
- ulcerative colitis
- bowel cancer
- peptic or duodenal ulcer
- coeliac disease
If the following symptoms are persistent and without obvious reason, it is wise to see your doctor:
- food allergies/intolerances (such as lactose intolerance)
- insufficient production of digestive enzymes
- insufficient hydrochloric acid production (for protein digestion)
- lack of beneficial bacteria (probiotics)
- use of antibiotics
- parasites and bacterial infection
- high sugar/low fibre diets
- eating "on the run"
- Abdominal pain before or after meals
- Nausea or vomiting
- Pain or difficulty in swallowing
- Loss of appetite
- Continuing unexplained weight loss
- Diarrhoea, constipation or any alteration in bowel habit
- Change in stools (bowel motions) especially if they become black, dark red, pale or contain mucus (slime)
- Bleeding when you pass a stool
- Pain when you pass a stool
- Feeling that your bowels are not emptying completely
- Generally feeling tired, lethargic or unwell in association with any abdominal symptoms
Millet, quinoa, buckwheat and amaranth are gluten-free, do not feed candida, and act as prebiotics, have a calming effect, and are full of vitamins and minerals.
- Eat slowly and chew well.
- Eat a high fibre, balanced diet, choosing whole grains*, fresh vegetables (raw and cooked), fresh fruit, lean meats, eggs.
- Avoid common allergens, such as wheat and milk, to see if this improves your digestive health.
- Drink plenty of clean water, between meals.
- Try stress management techniques, such as yoga.
- Allow enough hours for sleep.