Flax oil in capsules to conveniently accompany you anywhere!
What are Essential Fats?
Scientists have given essential fats their name because the body must have them to survive, but cannot synthesize them from any other substance we eat, so a direct food source is required. Hence the name essential. There are many kinds of fats but only two kinds of essential fats, Omega 3 Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA) and Omega 6 Linoleic Acid (LA), both of which are unsaturated fats. Each EFA is turned into several derivatives by the body, provided enough undamaged Omega 3 and Omega 6 are supplied in the right ratio. All other fats, such as Omega 9 (monounsaturated), Omega 7 and saturated fat are non-essential because the body can produce them from sugars and starches.
Getting the Omega 3 and Omega 6 balance right
Flax oil is an excellent source of omega 3 ALA but is a poor source of omega 6 LA. Flax is considered to be too rich in omega 3 for the long-term and can lead to omega 6 deficiency because omega 3 and omega 6 EFAs compete for enzyme space in our cells. That is why it is important to move onto a blanced blend of Omega 3 and 6 once your Omega 3 levels have increased. Although it is generally considered that the western diet contains enough omega 6, they generally come from poor, damaged sources.
Todays main sources of omega 6 are cooking oils and margarines, which have been processed heavily with harsh chemicals to ensure a long shelf life. This has left us in the situation where although we do get some omega 6 intake, it is damaged to the extent where it is now harmful, rather than beneficial to health. Therefore, once you have built up your Omega 3 intake, maintain it daily with Udo's Choice Ultimate Oil Blend. This means that flax oil is an excellent choice for those who already have quality omega 6 sources in their diet or for those wanting to build their omega 3 levels before switching to a balanced blend.
A period of around 3 months will be sufficient for most people to build up their Omega 3 levels sufficiently. Bodybuilders who are dieting for competition and trying to release as much stored fat as possible, will gain most benefit from flax alone for the final 3-4 weeks before competition.
The benefits of Flax Oil
Flax oil has been used as a therapeutic remedy since the days of Ancient Greece and Rome and it provides you with the richest source of omega 3 essential fatty acids (EFA's) to improve:
- Skin irritations, such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Symptoms of inflammatory and rheumatoid arthritis.
- To increase energy level, metabolism and stamina.
- To increase required levels of omega 3 EFA's during pregnancy and nursing for the optimal development of children.
- To decrease high blood cholesterol levels
- Cold-pressed - never warmer than 97 degrees Fahrenheit
- Flax-O-Mega Capsules are tasty, easy to take and perfect for travelling.
- Freshly pressed in a light-free and oxygen-free environment
- Freshness guaranteed: nitrogen-sealed with pressing and expiry dates
- Bottled in non-reactive, dark amber glass bottles, which will never leak and are recyclable.
- Cold-pressed from certified organic flax seed
- High in Omega 3 fatty acids
- No refrigeration needed