Health supplements for children.
Including a full range of multivitamins and minerals form leading brands, probiotics especially designed for children, anti-septic formulations, omega oil including the popular Eskimo Kids products. All designed with ease of use in mind so that where possible chewable and liquid.
Ideally, kids should get their vitamins from a balanced, healthy diet that includes:
- Milk and dairy products like cheese and yogurt (preferably low-fat products for kids over age 3)
- Plenty of fresh fruits and leafy, green vegetables
- Protein like chicken, fish, meat, and eggs
- Whole grains like steel-cut oats and brown rice
Which Kids Need Vitamin Supplements?
Well-rounded, home-cooked meals aren't always possible. That's why pediatricians may recommend a daily multivitamin or mineral supplement for:
- Kids who aren't eating regular, well-balanced meals made from fresh, whole foods
- Finicky eaters who simply aren't eating enough
- Kids with chronic medical conditions such as asthma or digestive problems, especially if they're taking medications (be sure to talk with your child's doctor first before starting a supplement if your child is on medication)
- Kids eating a lot of fast foods, convenience foods, and processed foods
- Kids on a vegetarian or a vegan diet (they may need an iron supplement), a dairy-free diet (they may need a calcium supplement), or other restricted diet
- Kids who drink a lot of carbonated sodas, which can leach vitamins and minerals from their bodies