Nutritional Health Supplement
(containing the unique LAB4 Complex)
Bio-Acidophilus from BioCare is a high potency blend of the clinically proven LAB4 complex of probiotic 'friendly' bacteria in a convenient to use capsule form. It contains10 billion probiotic organisms in a single capsule - 20 billion per daily intake.
Additional Information about Bio-Acidophilus
- Guaranteed 20 billion potency per daily intake to end of shelf life if stored correctly
- Contains the unique, extensively tested LAB4 complex of friendly bacteria
- Human compatible strains that are bile and acid tolerant with high adherence ability and a proven history of safe use in humans
- Hypoallergenic and dairy-free
- Vacuum packed and microencapsulated to maintain the stability of these fragile organisms
- Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium bifidum & lactis may reduce the colonisation of unfriendly bacteria and yeast organisms by producing lactic acid and natural antibiotics
- Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium bifidum & lactis help to support a healthy immune system
- Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium bifidum & lactis help to support digestion and fermentation of foods such as fibrous foods or those containing lactose
- Bifidobacterium bifidum synthesizes some B vitamins and facilitates absorption of minerals
- Fructooligosaccharides (F.O.S.) when ingested, provide a specific food source for the growth of friendly intestinal bacteria
- BioCare Bio-acidophilus is suitable for Children, Vegans, Vegetarians
- BioCare Bio-acidophilus is suitable during Pregnancy and whilst Breastfeeding
- The capsule may be opened
Product Information per Daily Intake
Lactobacillus acidophilus 80mg (CUL-60 and CUL 21)
Bifidobacterium bifidum & (CUL-20)
Bifidobacterium lactis 12mg (CUL-34)
(providing 20 billion viable proprietary organisms)
Bulking Agent (Cellulose), Fructooligosaccharides, Capsule Shell (Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose), Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-60&CUL-21), Anti-caking Agents (Silicon dioxide & Magnesium Stearate), Bifidobacterium bifidum (CUL-20) & Bifidobacterium lactis(CUL-34)
One capsule taken twice daily with food, or as professionally directed.
If you are under medical supervision, please consult a doctor before use.
Probiotics / Acidophilus and Beneficial Bacteria
Researchers estimate that more than400 species of bacteria inhabit the digestive tract. Some of these are the pathogenic, or disease-producing, bacteria. But other species are considered "friendly” bacteria. To an extent, digestive tract health depends on the condition of the friendly bacteria and the control they exert over the less friendly, pathogenic variety.
Friendly bacteria are often referred to as probiotics for their multiple, interacting benefits. Some friendly bacteria, such as bifidobacteria can thrive only in oxygen-free environments. Others, such as Lactobacillus acidophilus, require small amounts of oxygen and are known as micro-aerophilic organisms. As a result, friendly bacteria have the potential to play several roles.
Friendly bacteria produce acetic, lactic and formic acids which lower the pH in the intestine, thereby inhibiting growth of undesirable bacteria and enhancing the nutritional status by helping to digest food and manufacture essential vitamins.
See more acidophilus